Common Literary Elements
- Plot: It is the logical sequence of events that develops a story.
- Setting: It refers to the time and place in which a story takes place.
- Protagonist: It is the main character of story, novel or a play e.g. Hamlet in the play Hamlet
- Antagonist: It is the character in conflict with the Protagonist e.g. Claudius in the play Hamlet
- Narrator: A person who tells the story.
- Narrative method: The manner in which a narrative is presented comprising plot and setting.
- Dialogue: Where characters of a narrative speak to one another.
- Conflict. It is n issue in a narrative around which the whole story revolves.
- Mood: A general atmosphere of a narrative.
- Theme: It is central idea or concept of a story.
1. Download this plot chart to your tablet.
2. Place it in OneNote.
3. Type on top of the plot chart to fill in the boxes and complete the plot chart on the movie or short story we are reading.